Everyone wants a complete set of teeth. Unfortunately, your teeth suffer daily wear and tear that causes them to deteriorate over time. That is why people lose their teeth and end up with unattractive and embarrassing smiles. What’s worse is that missing teeth limit one’s ability to chew and digest foods properly.
A dentist may offer several treatment options depending on how many teeth need to get replaced. If an entire arch of teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth needs replacement, then an all-on-four denture might be the best solution.
An all-on-four denture differs from traditional dentures because it uses advanced dental implant technology to affix the artificial teeth in your mouth permanently. Patients who have osteoporosis or massive jawbone decay and lose most of their teeth may consider the all-on-four procedure to be the best treatment solution.
When a standard dental implant procedure is used to replace one tooth, the dental surgeon implants a small titanium screw into the jawbone area where the tooth is missing. The artificial tooth is then affixed onto the screw so that it can stay securely in place.
The all-on-four procedure uses four titanium screws to replace more than four teeth with a permanent denture. The screws get inserted on the top or bottom arch of teeth. If multiple teeth are missing from both arches, four titanium screws get inserted into the top arch and another four titanium screws inserted into the bottom arch. Separate dentures will get affixed to the four titanium screws of the top and bottom arches.
The replacement teeth of the denture will be custom-made to resemble the actual teeth that remain in your mouth. That way, no one will be able to tell the difference between your artificial teeth and natural teeth.
The Main Benefits of an All-On-Four Denture
The all-on-four denture implant surgery might seem like a drastic step, but it is necessary if you want to restore your natural-looking smile quickly. Here are some of the main benefits you will enjoy from an all-on-four denture.
- No bone grafting is required in most cases.
- A permanent denture means no more having to take out your dentures or adjust loose dentures. You can treat your permanent denture as your natural teeth.
- The surgery can be completed within one day. There is no need for multiple surgeries on different days.
- Four implants are enough to restore an entire arch of teeth in your mouth.
- An all-on-four denture procedure is cheaper than replacing individual teeth with dental implants.
- The dental surgeon is experienced and skilled at performing the all-on-four denture implant procedure. You are in good hands.
Your denture should last you for at least 20 years if you take good care of them. Remember to brush, rinse, and floss the denture like your regular teeth.
Make an Appointment Today Are you ready to make an appointment for your initial dental examination? Contact us today and see if the all-on-four denture implant procedure is a good solution for your mouth.